Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mizzou in the Minors

Zagone leads Keys to win (Frederick News Post)
Something was wrong during Rick Zagone's start Monday in Myrtle Beach.
Without command of his fastball, the left-hander did not fare as well as he would have liked after allowing eight runs against the Pelicans.

Fast forward five days to Saturday night, when Zagone was going up against Winston-Salem, one of the most powerful teams in the Carolina League. The results were much different as Zagone shut out the Dash over six innings in leading the Keys to a 6-1 win.

"In my previous start, I was leaving the ball up," Zagone said. "Then I went to my offspeed and they started sitting fastball and it wasn't pretty. That's what I focused on today and I turned it around."

"(Zagone's) a hard worker and works to get better. It was encouraging to see him pitch well tonight against a good hitting team," Keys manager Orlando Gomez said.

Zagone (3-1) is in his second stint this year with the Keys, bouncing between Frederick and Class AA Bowie...

No comments:

Post a Comment